← Back to Squawk list
Passengers Injured On Scoot Flight After Power Bank Catches FireTwo passengers have suffered minor injuries after a power bank overheated and caught fire onboard Scoot flight TR993 from Taipei Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN). The incident took place as the Airbus A320neo, registered as 9V-TNE, was taxiing to the runway for departure on January 10th. (simpleflying.com) More...
Sort type: [Top] [Newest]
As much as I hate to admit it, there has to be an approved, FAA safety rated power bank available to consumers for in cabin use/ Carry-on storage. Power banks with zero testing or tolerances being carried around in numbers like cell phones but costing less than $20 in some cases is just an accident waiting to happen.